In this screencast we'll create a simple "Flat Rate" shipping service.
First, we need the current dev releases (unless there are stable releases by the time you're reading this) of both
- Commerce Shipping 7.x-2.x-dev
- Commerce Flat Rate 7.x-1.x-dev (Note that this is not the older, deprecated Commerce Shipping Flat Rate.)
The first concept is that we have a shipping method of flat rate. You can think of this as a shipping vendor or shipping provider. In this case, we're using flat rate, which doesn't have an actual provider behind it.
Each shipping method can have one or more shipping services, which are the actual shipping entities we'll work with.
So the steps illustrated in the screencast:
- Create a Flat Rate shipping service called "Flat Rate" and set it to $10. Verify that that service is now offered to anyone checking out.
- Create another Flat Rate shipping service called "Free shipping inside Colorado" and set it to $0.00.
- Add conditions to the component for "Free Shipping inside Colorado" to make sure it's only selected when the shipping address is Colorado.
- Add conditions to the component for "Flat Rate" shipping service to make sure it's
only selected when the shipping address is not Colorado.
Future screencasts will demonstrate Commerce UPS and more complex rules.