You know It's coming - you can feel it, hear it, and see it - the low but powerful rumbling of change - the next big wave of innovation in ecommerce.
Buying and selling online has become second nature and a core part of our lives - yet there is fundamental change underway in how people are thinking about ecommerce and how transactions of all kinds should be woven into the fabric of an engaging online user experience.
The importance of content in creating online experiences that drive people to buy is becoming increasingly important to online merchants and brands. Is there any doubt that this next wave of innovation will in part be centered around a more fluid content driven commerce experience?
Companies who are using a traditional catalog based ecommerce solution are realizing the importance of content to online revenue growth and that simply integrating their ecommerce solution with a separate CMS solution is ultimately not a great solution and creates unnecessary complexity. As a result, many companies with mature online revenue channels are beginning to define their next generation systems.
Ingredients of a Revolution
Fundamental change and a common vision are key ingredients for any Revolution. Mix in a large and growing community of stakeholders who all stand to benefit from this change and you begin to see momentum shift.
But it all starts with needs that are not being met.
Talk to anyone who has been using or delivering ecommerce solutions over the past view years and you will hear a discontent with their current system and in general the future of ecommerce.
What is the source of this discontent and what do they want their ecommerce solution to do that it isn't doing now? Here is what we hear.
- My current ecommerce solution doesn't provide me with powerful enough CMS functionality to deliver the type of experience that I need to attract and keep users on my site.
- I have too many systems to manage and maintain - one for content, one for online transactions, one for orders, fulfillment, and inventory and it's hard to integrate them and expensive to support - and even harder to create a unified experience for my users.
- I need to be much more agile and timely in adapting to changes in the market and responding to the changing behavior of my customers. My technology needs to support this iterative approach that is critical for my business.
- Technology is way too complex so I really would like a service that insulates me from the complexities of technology so that I can focus on my business - BUT - I don't want to sacrifice flexibility and control over the functionality my business needs and I CAN'T be locked into a single vendor who doesn't have my interests in mind.
- I need ecommerce functionality that is more modular - rather than an all-in-one solution that resides in a large and separate codebase - so that I have greater flexibility in how and where commerce exists on my site.
Drupal + Drupal Commerce
While Drupal + Drupal Commerce won't solve all of your problems, it will address many of these fundamental challenges, and it will solve them far better than most ecommerce solutions today.
Why? Because it is built, supported, and extended on a massive scale by the largest open source community to address the needs of users just like you.
Join the Revolution
Want to be part of this change? Join us for the first Commerce Revolution on Monday afternoon, May 11 right before the start of DrupalCon Los Angeles. This is a great opportunity to learn, engage, and hear how customers, integrators, and agencies are addressing the shifing needs in ecommerce with Drupal + Drupal Commerce. This is an exclusive, invitation only event. If you would like to receive more information when we officially announce the Commerce Revolution on March 30, please let us know by completing the form below.