Commerce Guys' Drupal Powered eCommerce training will use the brand new Kickstart V2 distribution to help you learn how to implement Drupal Commerce for your next eCommerce project. The format is an alternating series of lessons introducing new concepts or features and practice sessions to help you solidify your understanding of how to use them.
Together we will build an example store similar to the Kickstart demo store, walking through all the features the core modules provide:
- Configuring multiple types of products with product attributes and customizations
- Customizing Add to Cart forms, Shopping Cart views, and the Checkout form
- Granting discounts and calculating taxes through Rules
- Collecting and tracking payment of various methods
We will also provide an overview of available contributed modules, showing you how to extend your site to include shipping quotes for physical products, stock control for quantity limited products, file downloads, coupons, an address book, and more.
While we won't dive deep into the code, we will still provide a behind-the-scenes look at how Drupal Commerce works. Our trainers on hand are all experienced with the Drupal Commerce, and they will be happy to address any topic in further detail during the practice exercise time.
- What building blocks and core systems Drupal Commerce provides
- How to configure Drupal Commerce to sell simple products, products with attributes, and customizable products
- What happens when products are added to the cart
- How to apply discounts and collect taxes using product pricing rules
- How to customize the shopping cart and checkout experience
- What additional features are provided by contributed modules like payment methods, shipping quotes, stock tracking, an address book, and file downloads
- How to contribute to Drupal Commerce
Prior experience with both Views 3 and Rules 2 is highly recommended. If these modules are new to you, you can find introductory and advanced training videos for free in the Node One Learning Library.
This course is intended for anyone who wants to build eCommerce sites on Drupal 7. The subject matter is itself more advanced than basic site building topics, but we still try to make the material accessible to new users who are just getting started and interesting for advanced users who want to dig deep into the architecture of Drupal Commerce.