Your eCommerce site needs to be leaner and more adaptable than ever. Drupal Commerce makes it happen. You get the proven value of open-source development, with the reliable guidance of Commerce Guys — Drupal Commerce's chief creators — to help you get the most of it.
eCommerce is Up to You, Not Your Software
Many eCommerce platforms make you conform to a certain way of doing business. Not Drupal Commerce. Its highly modular architecture lets you mix product types, color and size variations, shipping choices, tax rules, currencies, and dozens of other options for eCommerce that's specific to *you*.
Drupal Commerce gives you direct access to two frameworks already in use by tens of thousands of Drupal developers:
- Views presents your products in any formats and combinations you can dream up. Grids, lists, slideshows, even maps and calendars — they're all just a few clicks away.
- Rules is a powerful engine for business logic, so your site can react appropriately — and profitably — by targeting the right content to the right user.
Need to go further? No problem! Drupal Commerce is open-source software with a complete and well-documented API, letting you meet unique needs with custom development.
Integrating Drupal Commerce into sites is easy because:
Others scramble to keep their eCommerce sites compatible with the latest trends; Those on Drupal Commerce just smile and relax. By the time the world adopts a new way of buying online, Drupal Commerce can deliver it.
That's because Drupal Commerce is compatible with the thousands of free add-ons created by the Drupal community, with more coming out every day. So you'll always be ready for:
- Mobile devices via both themes (which adapt to fit all screen sizes) and mobile-specific tools, such as Commerce Guys' Commerce Mobile
- Social media, encouraging your customers to promote individual products and your brand as a whole
- New product types such as online/offline bundles
- Group buying, with discounts based on group size or composition
- Auction-style pricing so you can maximize both profit and customer satisfaction
...and anything else tomorrow throws at you. The possibilities are endless!
Nobody Knows Drupal Commerce Like Commerce Guys
Commerce Guys created Drupal Commerce and continues to be its main contributor, developer, and support service. We offer consulting, training, expert development, support and hosting to ensure you get the most from it. Contact us to get started.
Drupal Commerce Features
- Proven technology. Drupal Commerce already runs tens of thousands of stores, and is based on technologies widely used in tens of millions of sites.
- Natively global. Use local languages, currencies, tax rules, and time formats without special modifications or workarounds.
- A complete package. Drupal Commerce provides everything you need to get started, including tax, pricing, reporting, cart, and checkout routines.
- Connections to third-party services. Free gateways to hundreds of payment, shipping, and other services.
- Promotion through social media and marketing engines. Distribute product information through multiple venues while encouraging grassroots buzz.
- Multiple product types. Sell tickets, physical goods, online access, or anything else you can dream up, in any combination.
- Flexible product display. Go beyond catalogs by promoting products on content pages, or by offering custom catalogs to specialized audiences.
- Endless product variations. Colors, sizes, quantities... Drupal Commerce simplifies sales and tracking of complex items.
- Absolute code control. Access, revise, and extend the underlying code in your preferred environment, or as part of the multi-stage Commerce Platform.
- Deep development resources. Excellent native tools allow command-line control and script integration, while an active development community provides support and information.
- Easy integration with legacy systems. Whatever web and database platforms you use, chances are good that Drupal Commerce can run on them — no matter what their configuration.
Because it's Drupal...
- World-class content hosting. Drupal Commerce can host millions of individual pieces of content with no modification.
- World-class content delivery. Existing Drupal sites handle thousands of hits per second
- Versatile user management. Role-based permissions let you grant access based on sales, online activity, or any other criteria.
- An enormous library of functional add-ons. Thousands of modules extend your site — without custom programming. Many of these are specifically created for Drupal Commerce.
- A vibrant developer community. Drupal's success has resulted in one of the world's largest developer communities, connected through hundreds of meetups, conferences, and online forums.
Because it's open-source...
Both Drupal and Drupal Commerce are available under the GNU General Public License, so you get:
- Full code transparency. With all the source code out in the open, you can ensure that things work the way you think they do.
- Freedom to innovate. Have a better way to do things? Go for it! Programming hooks are open, well-organized, and fully documented.
- Continual improvements. Thousands of developers contribute to Drupal every day, making all problems transient.
- Lower cost of ownership. Maintenance costs are the same for all eCommerce packages, but most also carry purchase or licensing fees. Drupal Commerce doesn't.
Commerce Guys is Your Guide to Drupal Commerce
Nobody knows Drupal Commerce like Commerce Guys, its original creator and current project leader. Contact us to get:
See more detailed information on Drupal Commerce on DrupalCommerce.org