In this screencast we'll use Drupal's built-in access control mechanisms (using the Content Access module) to grant access to premium content to users who have a "premium" role.
Here's the recipe:
- Enable Content Access and the ACL (optional) module.
- Create a role called "premium"
- Create a content type called "Premium Content" and put some great content in it.
- Verify that users can only access the premium content if they have the premium role.
- Create a product representing the premium role.
- Create a rule that grants the premium role on order completion:
- After updating an order
- If the order state is Completed
- And the order contains our premium product
- Add a role to the user who is the owner of the order
That's really all there is to it.